Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Event id 1050: citrix connection validation failed on domain "for user" for reason 'hashexchangefailed'

Question

Environment: 7.19 LTSR CU01

Windows 2019

No PVS, no MCS

When trying to launch a session from a specific user, my VDA shows this message on event viewer; Event id 1050: citrix connection validation failed on domain "for user" for reason 'hashexchangefailed'

If I try to connect using Chrome Extension, connection works.

I already update the Citrix Workspace with the latest version.

errorCVAD.jpg

8 answers to this question

I got to find the reason. It was happening only with users connecting through VPN connections and not for all. Inside the network everything was fine.

So, I disable the Adaptative Transport Protocol connection, moving from Preferred to Disabled.

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX230014

Event user workstations using Citrix Workspace App 1912, the failover to TCP connection was not working. Setting up the protocol do Disable in the Policy forces all connections to TCP.

• Like 3
On 10/14/2020 at 6:04 PM, Fernando Farabote1709153404 said:

Environment: 7.19 LTSR CU01

Windows 2019

No PVS, no MCS

When trying to launch a session from a specific user, my VDA shows this message on event viewer; Event id 1050: citrix connection validation failed on domain "for user" for reason 'hashexchangefailed'

If I try to connect using Chrome Extension, connection works.

I already update the Citrix Workspace with the latest version.

errorCVAD.jpg

Hello everyone,

we have encountered the same problem today on one of our 2016 machines; maybe it is not the same case, but following the notice https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX285059 we performed one of the two patches (https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX285870), for the which a DLL should be replaced.

In our case the DLL was ONLY renamed (right dll missing) and this morning we encountered these problems; copied the new correct DLL and restarted, problem fixed.

Environment: 7.15 LTSR CU08

Windows 2016

No PVS, no MCS

Same Problem here. Some can work other not. Any Workarrounds? Hotfix?

more Infos Edit: the program starts on the worker runs under the user's login as it should, but no window opens on the client side, the user logs off in the WorkspaceApp. Are also the programs on the workers closed.

------------------------

I found the article, Random W10 1912 VDA Disconnects, affected workers should have their reg key set: HKEY_LOCAL_MASCHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Ndisuio\ Start Value was 3 should be changed to 1 and reboot the worker. Since 3h no more errors occurred

Edited by Marko Doko
New informations