Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Netscaler Login using SMS with Azure MFA server

Trying to set up MFA for our users accessing apps using our Netscaler, using the Azure MFA on-prem server(not the NPS extension), i followed the instructions here: https://www.citrix.com/content/dam/citrix/en_us/documents/guide/azure-mfa-integration-with-netscaler.pdf and logins work fine with app-authentication or phone call.

The problem is the SMS-verfication that most of our users are accustomed to, two-way SMS as the document tells me to use is deprecated and not supported after November 14, 2018.

One-way SMS does not seem to work, if i set a user to have one way sms the user recive the SMS with the code, but the page to enter the code never appears.

I tried to switch to radius authentication, that works with one way sms but that has some other issues:

-Username is case sensitive

-Cannot use passwords with æ, ø or å (an issue here in Norway, i tried both pap and mschapv2 that are the two encodings that are supported by MFA server)

-Cannot change password

Anyone got any suggestions to how to get past the issues with either ldap or radius?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm completly green on nFactor so will have to learn that before i can get a test running.

When it comes to the NPS extension it has many of the same problems as the onprem solution so that does not solve anything.

In the long run i will get over to saml with either adfs or azure ad, but wanted to check out if i could get some quick wins until we are ready for that,