Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Audio/Video Meeting Closes when opening a Teams document

blue_ken

Question

When Teams is optimised and you are on an audio/video call in Teams and you then open an Office document in a Teams channel via the File menu with the Open in app option, the call closes.

I have tested with installing receiver, so Teams does not optimise and the issue does not occur. It only happens when Teams is optimised.

I have had a look to see if this is known issue, but could not see any reports of this.

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, blue_ken said:

When Teams is optimised and you are on an audio/video call in Teams and you then open an Office document in a Teams channel via the File menu with the Open in app option, the call closes.

I have tested with installing receiver, so Teams does not optimise and the issue does not occur. It only happens when Teams is optimised.

I have had a look to see if this is known issue, but could not see any reports of this.

It's a known issue with Teams. You will get same in Teams for Web. MTOP in fact is quivalent to this not native Teams. 

Daniel 

1 hour ago, Daniel Szomboti said:

It's a known issue with Teams. You will get same in Teams for Web. MTOP in fact is quivalent to this not native Teams. 

Daniel 

Hi Daniel,

I defiantly don't get this issue in the Teams Web App in my Citrix desktop and I don't get this in the Teams client when it isn't optimised in the Citrix desktop.

I only get the issue when the Teams client is optimised.

17 minutes ago, blue_ken said:

Hi Daniel,

I defiantly don't get this issue in the Teams Web App in my Citrix desktop and I don't get this in the Teams client when it isn't optimised in the Citrix desktop.

I only get the issue when the Teams client is optimised.

In web app place a call and open an excel document to edit in desktop app. It will have the issue every other time. 

57 minutes ago, Daniel Szomboti said:

In web app place a call and open an excel document to edit in desktop app. It will have the issue every other time. 

Hi Daniel,

I have been opening and closing Excel documents via the web app whilst in a meet now meeting with no issues for the past few minutes. I have done this previously as well with no issues at all.

If I do this when Teams is optimised it closes the meeting straight away every time and not just for me.

I am happy to open a call about this if needed?

On 10/9/2020 at 1:33 PM, Daniel Szomboti said:

It's a Microsoft issue. Just tested now and it hung up. 

1. Open web app in Edge 

2. Call someone P2P

3. Click Files

4. Open Excel doc and click Open in Desktop App

We know of this for a while. 

Daniel 

I will test p2p tomorrow, but I have just tested 

1. Open web app in Edge 

2. Start a meet now

3. Click Files

4. Open Excel doc and click Open in Desktop App

and it worked fine. Like I say the issue I see with meetings only eve occurs when the Teams app is optimised.