Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citric Workspace app keeps updating

Ivan Villegas

Question

I have a user who is accessing the Citrix workspace app to access VDI, one of the requirements to access the VDI is that the receiver must remain on version 19.12.1001.3 . The providers sends the user a general workspace link download to the specific version and the software is installed. I use ninite pro to set a policy stating that the workspace is not to be updated. However, for some reason, the update is still being pushed thru. Following the Citrix documentation I have Configured Citrix Workspace Updates using the graphical user interface and  Configured Citrix Workspace Updates using the command-line interface. Neither of these things seem to work on the machine of the user and if I try to Configure Citrix Workspace Updates using the Group Policy Object administrative template I can not find the policy for the Citrix workspace updates. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Link for reference: 

Citrix Product Documentation: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-windows/update.html#automatic-update 

Download link: https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/workspace-app-for-windows-long-term-service-release/workspace-app-for-windows-1912ltsr.html

Ps. 

The update seems to happen at 12:00 pm CT daily. User has had uninstall the updated version and re-install the correct version daily. 

5 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Did you copy receiver.admx (and .adml) to PolicyDefinitions?

In group policy, there's an option to restrict updates to just LTSR (1912). Or you can disable updates.

I have not, once copied over, does the device require a restart to take effect?

I have tried to disable updates by going to Right-click Citrix Workspace app icon from the notification area. Select Advanced Preferences > Workspace Updates and selecting "No, Dont notify me" which is how citrix states to do it. I have also ran the command "CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe /AutoUpdateCheck=disabled" on an elevated CMD