Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Macbook 2018 Remoting into Windows 7 Remote Desk Zoom Screenshare issue

Garrett Wolfe

Question

Hi - I am a Macbook Pro 2018 (running Catalina 10.15.7)  user that remotes into my work computer (Windows 7). I am running Windows 7 because it is a firm requirement right now (not by choice!).

When I use Zoom thru the remote desk, most of the functionality works flawlessly. However, when I begin to use the screen-share function, my mouse icon begins to flicker and once every 4-5 seconds and the mouse will disappear or jump from its current location to some corner on the screen. This makes it very difficult to do work while screen-sharing, say editing a powerpoint or navigating the internet / directory. 

This only happens in the *screen-shareable area*, so if i am sharing PPT and move my mouse off that window, this no longer happens. I do use 2 external monitors and a bluetooth mouse, so you would think that could be an issue due to that but using the built-in trackpad and the single native monitor (removing mouse and external monitors) does not change the frequency or presence of the issue.

My Mac software and Zoom Software is up to date. Wondering if people have a fix here, will be forever grateful of those who can help. If you don't know the answer but have seen similar posts, please refer me to them! Thanks!

3 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Divya Chandrasekharan said:

@garett : Thanks for reporting. This is due to the interaction of Zoom and Citrix Systems during Screensharing. 

I've recorded this feedback for consideration with the team but unfortunately have no workaround at this time. 

Are there any changes I could make to Zoom Video / Screensharing settings that would improve this issue? Why am I the only one of a large group reporting this issue? Attached are zoom settings for video and screensharing

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 12.10.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 12.57.26 PM.png