Welcome to our new Citrix community!

pvs targets failing to boot after move to new network, hangs after vdisk assigned

Mike Yazdzik1709161451

Question

my environment is virtual was built in a staged network on an esxi 6.7 server. the pvs targets are physical pcs. environment was running fine and targets were connecting to pvs host. targets are configured using secure boot. this environment was moved to a new network. domain controller/DHCP/DNS, database server, pvs server and targets have been assigned new addresses. communications between all have been verified connectivity and no errors are noticed. ran pvs config wizard to configure new ip segment for environment. this environment was moved onto the same network as an older domain that this environment will eventually replace. older environment is windows 2008/pvs 7.15 ltsr, new environment is windows 2016/PVS 1912 ltsr. on booting up the targets, i see confirmation that the target communicates with the new PXE server, TFTP server and PVS server, gets assigned the proper vdisk, i get the windows logo then goes to a screen showing pvs server name, vdisk assignment, target name and write cache configuration. after that the system hangs at that point and does not continue to boot. the pvs console sees the device connected and online in the device collection and no errors are reported or seen anywhere. i have copied the older pvs image over to the new pvs server and tried connecting the older target pcs not configured using secure boot and i am getting to the same spot on the boot process. i dont think its a BNIStack failure on the client as its failing on both images and my guess is issue with the handoff to windows streaming and the streaming services on the server host, the service is running and no errors are shown? i am not sure where to look to validate the streaming service is communicating properly. anyone have any ideas to help me? 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet