Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Old applications not being removed from users desktop and sometimes seeing duplicates

Larry Schroeder

Question

Hi Everyone,

We are running the LTSR version of Virtual Apps as well as the LTSR version of receiver on all users Windows 10 desktops. IF we make changes to published applications by removing, renaming, etc, users get duplicates or the old icons are not removed. We can have users manually removed them, but that is not helpful. If we change to a different StoreFront server and then back, it will reset everything. I have read in other places that users might get a message about uninstalling old applications, but that has never happened either. 

Any ideas as to what I need to look for?

Thanks,

Larry

2 answers to this question

On 10/7/2020 at 6:43 PM, Larry Schroeder said:

Hi Everyone,

We are running the LTSR version of Virtual Apps as well as the LTSR version of receiver on all users Windows 10 desktops. IF we make changes to published applications by removing, renaming, etc, users get duplicates or the old icons are not removed. We can have users manually removed them, but that is not helpful. If we change to a different StoreFront server and then back, it will reset everything. I have read in other places that users might get a message about uninstalling old applications, but that has never happened either. 

Any ideas as to what I need to look for?

Thanks,

Larry

Hi

Do they also see duplicate icons when logging into StoreFront via the web browser? I assume only via the StoreFront presented via the client.

Regards