Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Disable Audio and Video for Microsoft Teams in Citrix

Eelco Polderdijk

Question

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Eelco Polderdijk said:

Hi all, 

In our Citrix environment we don't want to use the  Microsoft Teams Audio and Video Functionality for our users, because of performance issues. Is there a possibility to disable Audio/Video for only the Citrix Environment?

Thanks in advance.

For Citrix optimization you can turn it off from Studio. What you probably mean is to turn off A/V completely from Teams side. You can achieve this with location or conditional access policies of O365. Something like here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/archive/blogs/skypehybridguy/microsoft-teams-restrict-usage-with-azure-ad-conditional-access (adding the subnet of citrix or citrix users)

1 hour ago, Daniel Szomboti said:

For Citrix optimization you can turn it off from Studio. What you probably mean is to turn off A/V completely from Teams side. You can achieve this with location or conditional access policies of O365. Something like here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/archive/blogs/skypehybridguy/microsoft-teams-restrict-usage-with-azure-ad-conditional-access (adding the subnet of citrix or citrix users)

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I want to disable A/V completely from Teams side, but only in Citrix. Some users work both in and outside Citrix so we can't use the user/group policies for disabling A/V in the Teams Admin center. I have added the Citrix subnet with regard to conditional access policies, but how can I target the A/V of Teams specifically in those policies? 

Will prohibiting the Microsoft Teams redirection setting also achieve this?