Welcome to our new Citrix community!

MTP and thin clients

Dmitriy Buzhor

Question

Hi guys, my name is Alexandra.

Im test CitrixXenDesktop, and stuck with problem. My clients active use smartphones. They use MTP and PTP protocols.

When i connect androidPhone to windowsPC, drivers install automatically, with no problems.

When i connect  androidPhone to DellWyse_ThinOS_8.6 or ubuntuDesktop-18.04 and start citrix session, mtp device showup in deviceManager my VDA-virtualMachine, but driver not install automatically.

I start collect information and found some.

androidPhone with windowsPC, have "USB\MS_COMP_MTP" value, but androidPhone with citrix session on linux not.

with.thumb.png.22de59bc8f0899f500025e4f92a03d38.pngwithout.thumb.png.79280fbf22fbaaf98d511e7cc9bade5b.png

Why citrixWorkspace on linux, not redirect this value? I read "wpdmtp.inf" driver, and on the basis of this value, windows will install driver automatically and lot of smartphones can work.

Please share your thoughts, because I feel like I'm standing in front of a concrete wall. Write your own driver too hard.

I attached a photo from a similar topic on vmware https://communities.vmware.com/thread/576662

Thanks =D

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet