Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Studio on prem cannot operate AWS EC2 instance - assumerole ?

Christophe CATUREGLI

Question

Hi, i'm a little bit confusing regarding my POC using Virtual Desktop and APP 1912...

DDC is located on my private datacenter and  connected to internet  only on 443 prot using proxy...

i've added the AWS hypervisor hosting using powershell (thgough proxy) successfully using my API and Secret key

now when i want to add ressources (network, Storage....)  i've an error indicating access is denied 

DesktopStudio_ErrorId : HypervisorNotContactable
    Exception : PluginUtilities.Exceptions.HostingInfrastructureCommunicationsFailureException: You are not authorized to perform this operation. ---> PluginUtilities.Exceptions.WrappedPluginException: You are not authorized to perform this operation. ---> PluginUtilities.Exceptions.WrappedPluginException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. ---> PluginUtilities.Exceptions.WrappedPluginException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

i know than in  AWS web based console, i need to change ROLE to have access to dedicated EC2 instance  (power off, deploy, reboot...)

i've tried to use as login / password "role_based_auth" on Citrix Studio, but error is :"Sdk Error Message : The connection could not be created as not all details could be validated.  The actual failure was noted with message 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'"

i'don't understand how to enter the right API and secret KEY , and made an assumerole to be able to see EC2 instance, network VPC, etc....

i've applied right  IAM Role to EC2 instance before

Could someone have already this sort of error ?

Thanks to all

3 answers to this question

Hi ,

Can you please try adding a new ssl certificate that has the cname and the aname as a subject alternative name as mentioned in the below known issues article .Though the article was for vcenter hypervisors same resolution should help to resolve the issue in AWS hypervisors too.

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX221433

Please try and let us know if it helped .

Thanks,

Anjani Bhiravabhatla

• Like 1