Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Endpoint Apps

John Francis1709160537

Question

Pushing Apps through Citrix Endpoint 

Which way is better ?

Publish the app (Securemail, Secure Web, Quick Edit) by uploading the MDX file and add the Delivery Groups or 

Publish the app through Public App store? I am confused which was is better or which way it should be published?

image.thumb.png.6927f0d6688cec7e527466b6d78afc32.png

image.thumb.png.83e21cd21d1668f5e31020ec8eb7330a.png

Edited by jfranci418
added images

5 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, John Francis1709160537 said:

Pushing Apps through Citrix Endpoint 

Which way is better ?

Publish the app (Securemail, Secure Web, Quick Edit) by uploading the MDX file and add the Delivery Groups or 

Publish the app through Public App store? I am confused which was is better or which way it should be published?

image.thumb.png.6927f0d6688cec7e527466b6d78afc32.png

image.thumb.png.83e21cd21d1668f5e31020ec8eb7330a.png

John,

If you want to push settings, which I think you would like, you will need to upload MDX on XenMobile and push them within Delivery Groups.

Thanks

Arnaud

• Like 1

Arnaud is correct, it really depends on whether you want to have access to the policy settings which become offered by MDX. If they are not needed, then just Approve and publish the Public App Store instance. If you do want access to the controls which are offered by MDX, then it is worth noting the changes between Legacy MAM with MDX and Android Enterprise with MDX. Some policies remain, some are gone and other become replaced with an Android Enterprise equivalent.

See https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/mdx-toolkit/policies-platform/android-enterprise-supported-device-and-mdx-policies.html for more details.

With Citrix Secure apps, the only step required to publish the desired application in to the Work Profile is to publish the MDX instance of the app. The server console will guide you through the remaining steps needed for approval of the APK on the Managed Google Play Store. For our Citrix Secure apps, the app instance which can be found on the Public App Store already contains the MDX components needed to be capable of working as either a Public App Store app or as an MDX app.

If working with other app developers, then there are some extra requirements to be aware of:

1) The APK must be approved on the Google Play Store (can be marked as Private by locking the app to at least one OrgID of an Android Enterprise customer).

2) The Package Name must be unique on the Google Play Store (even if an old APK is deleted, the Package Name still remains consumed and cannot be re-used again).

3) If using MDX with a custom app in Android Enterprise, then an unsigned APK must be available. That APK must 'never' have been on the Play Store in the past because the MDX wrapping process will both modify and also sign the APK. It is the modified APK which must first be updated to the Google Play Store and first Approved. Publish this as a Public App Store app (one management style is to make it optional and place it in a separate App Category as needed). Also deploy the MDX wrapper version of the app (as an 'MDX'  type app) on the server. This app instance can be marked 'Required', so that it becomes the app instance to deploy via Secure Hub (which 'can' consume MDX). When the Android device receives the instruction to 'install the app', then the APK (with MDX components) will already be available and approved from the Managed Google Play Store, as it has since been made available as an Optional Public App Store app.

Best regards,

David

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, David Egan1709157332 said:

Arnaud is correct, it really depends on whether you want to have access to the policy settings which become offered by MDX. If they are not needed, then just Approve and publish the Public App Store instance. If you do want access to the controls which are offered by MDX, then it is worth noting the changes between Legacy MAM with MDX and Android Enterprise with MDX. Some policies remain, some are gone and other become replaced with an Android Enterprise equivalent.

See https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/mdx-toolkit/policies-platform/android-enterprise-supported-device-and-mdx-policies.html for more details.

With Citrix Secure apps, the only step required to publish the desired application in to the Work Profile is to publish the MDX instance of the app. The server console will guide you through the remaining steps needed for approval of the APK on the Managed Google Play Store. For our Citrix Secure apps, the app instance which can be found on the Public App Store already contains the MDX components needed to be capable of working as either a Public App Store app or as an MDX app.

If working with other app developers, then there are some extra requirements to be aware of:

1) The APK must be approved on the Google Play Store (can be marked as Private by locking the app to at least one OrgID of an Android Enterprise customer).

2) The Package Name must be unique on the Google Play Store (even if an old APK is deleted, the Package Name still remains consumed and cannot be re-used again).

3) If using MDX with a custom app in Android Enterprise, then an unsigned APK must be available. That APK must 'never' have been on the Play Store in the past because the MDX wrapping process will both modify and also sign the APK. It is the modified APK which must first be updated to the Google Play Store and first Approved. Publish this as a Public App Store app (one management style is to make it optional and place it in a separate App Category as needed). Also deploy the MDX wrapper version of the app (as an 'MDX'  type app) on the server. This app instance can be marked 'Required', so that it becomes the app instance to deploy via Secure Hub (which 'can' consume MDX). When the Android device receives the instruction to 'install the app', then the APK (with MDX components) will already be available and approved from the Managed Google Play Store, as it has since been made available as an Optional Public App Store app.

Best regards,

David

Thanks both to Arnaud and you David.

But, I have published through Public Appstore SecureMail and SecureWeb. Looks like some users have been added to this. How can I move these users out from here and move it to MDX from Public Appstore. If I disable, they would not be able to access it at all right? So, how can I have few users who have gotten to this Public Appstore. APPS to be moved back to the MDX? It would be nice if we could have some kind of move function to move them. I am not sure if I disable or delete what will happen?

image.thumb.png.7c36e71442056865d1df50c0353e9765.png

image.thumb.png.a922b6cd958d8276c8c5366f1e0adf40.png

2 hours ago, John Francis1709160537 said:

Thanks both to Arnaud and you David.

But, I have published through Public Appstore SecureMail and SecureWeb. Looks like some users have been added to this. How can I move these users out from here and move it to MDX from Public Appstore. If I disable, they would not be able to access it at all right? So, how can I have few users who have gotten to this Public Appstore. APPS to be moved back to the MDX? It would be nice if we could have some kind of move function to move them. I am not sure if I disable or delete what will happen?

image.thumb.png.7c36e71442056865d1df50c0353e9765.png

image.thumb.png.a922b6cd958d8276c8c5366f1e0adf40.png

John,

I would test with a test user/device.

Enroll device and download apps.

Unassigned the Apps for public Store for this test user.

Upload MDX, set settings and assign Apps to Delivery Group for the test user.

Test to validate what users could expect.

And then you should be good to go with all your users.

Thanks

Arnaud