Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Netscaler ADC SNMP question

Chris Craddock

I would like to restrict our SNMPv2c community strings down to "read-only" access. However, the community string setting only permits you to apply one Permission type to any given Community string (GET, GETNEXT, GETBULK, SET, ALL). Right now our strings are set to ALL but this also includes the SET command. Our goal is to make them read-only. Will setting the string to GETBULK accomplish this? If I set it to GETBULK, will it also respond to GET and GETNEXT commands as well? Any help on the best way to do this would be appreciated.

Thank you. 

19 minutes ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Sorry, I was thinking of SNMP Traps. See https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX213208

Thanks Carl! This post helped out a great deal! So it seems that even if you have a Community configured for SET or ALL, if the SNMP Set option is not checked, it wont allow SET commands to be processed! Perfect! It also led me to a link in the ADC where you could look at all the SNMPv2 MIB permissions, of which only 4 out of over 3k were set to read-write! The rest were read-only, which I found interesting. Thanks for your help! 

• Like 1