Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Direct access to desktops

William MnbspApril

Question

VMware Horizon has "View Agent Direct-Connection(VADC)" feature that enable users to access desktops without using Horizon Connection Server.

Connection Server in VMware Horizon plays the same role as the Delivery Controller in Citrix.

VMware says: "View Agent Direct-Connection Plugin Administration provides information about installing and configuring View Agent Direct-Connection Plugin. This plug-in is an installable extension to Horizon Agent that allows Horizon Client to directly connect to a virtual machine-based desktop, a published desktop, or an application without using Horizon Connection Server. All the desktop and application features work in the same way as when the user connects through Connection Server"(https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon/2006/view-agent-direct-connection-plugin-administration/GUID-1DD66EA7-6369-4AE2-8C88-5E4B8DD2F9D9.html).

Does Citrix any alternate solution to access desktops without installing Delivery Controller?

4 answers to this question

13 hours ago, David Clark1709160691 said:

Not that I am aware of,  The DDC contains the services that Broker connections to the Apps & Desktops as well as the Secure Ticket Authority that is required to establish the secure connections.

Thanks for reply.

I am not looking  for DDC.

Connection Server in VMware Horizon plays the same role as the Delivery Controller in Citrix.

In VMware it is possible to deploy a VDI environment without using Connection Server for some special purposes. So I am looking for an alternate solution in Citrix to deploy a VDI environment witout installing Delivery Controller.