Welcome to our new Citrix community!

When clicking on one desktop, multiple desktops will launch.

Jeff Kohut1709162299

Question

Using Citrix Workspace Application for Windows. After I sign in , and go to Desktops I see the two Desktops I have defined to two different resources Computer1 and Computer2.

The problem is, when I click on one of them, they BOTH launch.

This does not happen on the Citrix Workspace Application for Chrome/Android, only the Workspace for Windows application is doing this.

I have to let both launch, then disconnect from the one that I don't want to launch. I installed this a few months ago, so I think the application is pretty current.

I really do not see a lot of controls/options in the software.

Is there some way to stop this ?

Thanks,

Jeff 

6 answers to this question

On 9/15/2020 at 7:09 PM, Jeff Kohut1709162299 said:

Using Citrix Workspace Application for Windows. After I sign in , and go to Desktops I see the two Desktops I have defined to two different resources Computer1 and Computer2.

The problem is, when I click on one of them, they BOTH launch.

This does not happen on the Citrix Workspace Application for Chrome/Android, only the Workspace for Windows application is doing this.

I have to let both launch, then disconnect from the one that I don't want to launch. I installed this a few months ago, so I think the application is pretty current.

I really do not see a lot of controls/options in the software.

Is there some way to stop this ?

Thanks,

Jeff 

Hello,

Can you confirm that Computer 1 and Computer 2 are based on 2 different Delivery Group?

Thanks

Arnaud

14 hours ago, Arnaud Pain said:

Hello,

Can you confirm that Computer 1 and Computer 2 are based on 2 different Delivery Group?

Thanks

Arnaud

Arnaud,

I don't have access to the server side which I am guessing where Delivery Groups are controlled ?

I can try and follow up with my Admins as time permits. 

What I CAN tell you is that I do not have the problem when I log into Workspace for Android and click on a particular Desktop, I only have the issue of both Desktops launching when I do the same steps with the Windows version of Workspace. Is there are setting somewhere in the client that controls that ?

Does it make sense that Android Workspace client behaves one way, and Windows Workspace client behaves another ?

18 minutes ago, Jeff Kohut1709162299 said:

Arnaud,

I don't have access to the server side which I am guessing where Delivery Groups are controlled ?

I can try and follow up with my Admins as time permits. 

What I CAN tell you is that I do not have the problem when I log into Workspace for Android and click on a particular Desktop, I only have the issue of both Desktops launching when I do the same steps with the Windows version of Workspace. Is there are setting somewhere in the client that controls that ?

Does it make sense that Android Workspace client behaves one way, and Windows Workspace client behaves another ?

Hello,

Client are for different OS so code is different and you can have behavior with 1 OS and not with another 1.

Did you test with Web Browser?

on both OS?

Is it working correctly?

Thanks

Arnaud

1 hour ago, Arnaud Pain said:

Hello,

Client are for different OS so code is different and you can have behavior with 1 OS and not with another 1.

Did you test with Web Browser?

on both OS?

Is it working correctly?

Thanks

Arnaud

Based on your comment about Delivery Groups, I reach out to our Citrix Admin. He confirmed that they are in the same group, and I guess 

this is the way they want it to behave. I guess the ChromeOS/Android Workspace is not honoring it that way (Thankfully). We will have to treat this as

an Internal Company issue. Thank you for your time in answering this question. Jeff 

1 minute ago, Jeff Kohut1709162299 said:

Based on your comment about Delivery Groups, I reach out to our Citrix Admin. He confirmed that they are in the same group, and I guess 

this is the way they want it to behave. I guess the ChromeOS/Android Workspace is not honoring it that way (Thankfully). We will have to treat this as

an Internal Company issue. Thank you for your time in answering this question. Jeff 

Hi Jeff,

No Problem ;)

On 9/17/2020 at 4:27 PM, Arnaud Pain said:

Hello,

Thanks

Arnaud

We have a similar situation Arnaud from our side. I heard just from one user (who has 2 Citrix virtual Desktops (persistent) in different Machine Catalog and different Delivery Groups) and one Remote PC within his Citrix Workspace. He launches one VDI desktop and it launches the other one also after it launches the first one. Next in the case of Remote PC, he launches it and it automatically closes it after it launches.

Thanks and appreciate if your feedback on this.