Welcome to our new Citrix community!

differentiate logon between published apps and desktops

Robert Schaaf

Question

Does anyone know if I can run a logon script where i can differentiate if a user starts a published app or a published desktop without seperating servers for that. Situation: I have 25 servers where users log in either on a published app or published desktop. For Onedrive to work correctly with published apps(onedrive needs to start in the background) i need to run the command "runonce.exe /AlternateShellStartup. I don;t want this command when running a published desktop and i don't want to seperate my servers in OU's. Is there some check i can put in the logonscript whetter to run this command or not?

3 answers to this question

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\Ica\Session\{ID}\Connection has ConnectionMode and InitialProgram. I think ConnectionMode = 1 is published app and ConnectionMode = 2 is desktop. IntiialProgram is blank for desktop sessions.

On RDSH you'll need the user's session number. The %temp% variable has the session ID.  So does quser and qwinsta. Or you can loop through each session in the registry to find the one the matches the user.

• Like 1