Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Upgrade Citrix 2002 to 2006 results in "Bad Parameter" error on XenDesktop Connect via Imprivata SSO

David Belmont

Question

I've been wrestling with this for several weeks.

Scenario:

Windows 10 1809 LTSC running Imprivata 6.3 SP1 HF4 and Citrix Workspace 20.2.0.25

1. Kill Citrix Process

2. Kill Imprivata Process

3. Run upgrade to 20.6.0.38 > "CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe /silent /AutoUpdateCheck=disabled /ALLOW_BIDIRCONTENTREDIRECTION=1 /includeSSON"

4. Workstation Reboots

5. Sign in through Imprivata SSO (expectation is that I will connected to our XenDesktopEnvironment

6. Prompted to Choose Desktop

7. "Bad parameter" popup.

If I downgrade back to 20.0.25 it works fine

I've also tested every combination of

Imprivata 7.2 HF2

Imprivata 7.2 SP1

Imprivata 6.3 SP1 HF4

Citrix Workspace App 20.2.0.25

Citrix Workspace App 20.6.0.38

Citrix Workspace App 20.8.x

In all scenarios 20.2.025 if the only one that works, regardless of Imprivata version.

I've tried no parameters on the install and everything inbetween, no luck.

I've also tried using the latest version (20.2) of the Receiver Cleanup Utility to scrub my system before reinstalling. No Luck.

Tried pulling CDF Control logs but no matter how many times I update my TMF files it still can't read them.

1 answer to this question

Hi 

firstly, try the "/forceinstall" command line switch to see if that helps... if not, have you tried uninstalling the old Citrix Workspace app then running the Receiver Cleanup Utility?

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX137494

I've had this type of error in the past an it was due to an incompatible registry entry left over from a previous client installation.

Also check to see if there are no Citrix Receiver/Workspace app GPOs being applied for the user and/or computer

Regards

Ken Z