Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Mac OS Big Sur compatibility

Gilbert Medina1709162236

Question

12 answers to this question

We are working very hard to get real day zero support this time around. Since Big Sur itself is still in beta, we do not recommend you run Production on it till the official Big Sur release is available. However if you'd like to test it, you can use the latest Workspace App with Big Sur Beta- 2008: https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest.html

Known issues on 2008 with Big Sur beta are 

1) In the tool bar->Preferences-> the Advanced tab is not visible. 

2) Uninstaller for the Workspace App fails

Do let us know if you have any other feedback with Big Sur beta and Workspace App on Mac.

• Like 1

After updating to Big Sur Beta 6 yesterday. Unable to launch Citrix Apps. "Citrix Viewer Internal Error. Please try again in a few min".

This is on Safari browser. If I use Chrome, it seems to work fine.

Workspace App worked fine since Big Sur beta 1 to beta 5. Reinstalling workspace App does not seem to resolve the issue.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Thanks

CT

• Like 1

I took the plunge last night and installed the Mac OS Big Sur beta. I'm happy to announce that Citrix Workspace connected to my work servers via the Citrix Viewer app without an issue. As I mentioned I'm using the Mac OS desktop applications and not going through a web browser. I'm using a MacBook Pro (ca. 2015), Mac OS Big Sur v. 11.0 Beta (20A5354i), Citrix Workspace v. 20.8.0.3 (2008), and Citrix Viewer v. 20.8.0.3 (2008). I'll post an update if I come across any glitches. Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

@Divyac: 

The issue is only experience when using safari browser to launch Citrix Apps and they issue only started in beta 6 version 11.0 (20A5364e). The previous releases had no issues. I'm using the latest workspace App 2008. 

As the issue is only experienced with safari browser and not chrome or native workspace App. I guess something changed on safari end, where bug or tighten security.

7 minutes ago, Divya Chandrasekharan said:

Just an update to call out that Citrix Workspace App for Mac 2010 now supports macOS Big Sur 11.0.1. Do let us know of any feedback you have!

yes, I have been using workspace 2010 since release and it works fine. Even with 2009 as well.

The inconsistent I observed is around instability of MS Teams (not related to Big Sur). HDX Optimization on Teams is not very stable.  

On 11/13/2020 at 2:00 PM, Divya Chandrasekharan said:

Just an update to call out that Citrix Workspace App for Mac 2010 now supports macOS Big Sur 11.0.1. Do let us know of any feedback you have!

I am still getting the error Cannot Connect to Server using th latest Workspace App and Big Sur. Is there anything I can do with this.