Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Issues with User Personalization layer and FSLOGIX

Jonathon Luken

Question

17 answers to this question

So the initial error im getting is Critical error your start menu isnt working. Well try to fix it the next time you sign in. The citrix tech i am working with recommened i put those exclusions in.

Windows was unable to load the registry. This problem is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights. 

DETAIL - The system cannot find the path specified.
 for C:\Users\jluken\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\\UsrClass.dat

The usrclass.dat file is literally missing from the directory.

Edited by drksilenc
Update
3 minutes ago, Kasper Johansen1709159522 said:

OK. Start with no exclusions in FSLogix. Then make sure that Citrix Profile Management is COMPLETELY disabled, a temp solution would be to disable the service.

The FSLogix logs are a great source of info when troubleshooting. Take a look at the log file in C:\ProgramData\FSLogix\Logs\Profile it should provide some information about what's going on.

Yes i have done with no exclusions already. The logs for fslogix cannot find the usrclass.dat. It literally cant move it to the vhd file.

30 minutes ago, Kasper Johansen1709159522 said:

If that's the case it's either permissions issues on the container or something is blocking it, like Citrix Profile Management or a good old Windows Roaming Profile.

Roaming profile is disabled on these machines. I am testing with disabling the citrix profile management service.

So looked through remote procmon logs and It looks like the issue is caused by the upl creating the usrclass.dat file rather than letting fslogix create it.

C:\Program Files\Unidesk\Etc\uep_mount\Users\LOUISPLUNG\jluken\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat

Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open For Backup, Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a, OpenResult: <unknown>