Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Hypervisor 8.2 [Free version] & apcupsd

Question

Hi everyone,

I am running a Citrix Hypervisor with a Synology NAS supplying my iSCSI drive for my SR and a CIFS Share for my ISOs.  A recent power outage has caused me to investigate modifying my setup to use my APC UPS to turn off my Citrix Hypervisor and the Synology NAS.  The Hypervisor, the NAS, and the UPS are currently working in SNMP v3 with Observium (SNMP Server); the UPS is also working with apcupsd on the Citrix box using SNMP V1 (read only).  My problem is that apcupsd does not survive a reboot.  Installing apcupsd as a service works, but fails on reboot and must be manually started.  In the logs, it appears that apcupsd is loaded up and startup succeeds; but 10 seconds later fails  with snmplite Unable to initialize SNMP. 

systemctl status apcupsd results in:

Loaded; loaded (/usr/lib/systemdsystem/apcupsd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since... 15 min ago

Process:  1975 ExecStart=/sbin/apcupsd -b -f /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Process: 1968 ExecStartPre=/bin/rm -f /etc/apcupsd/powerfail (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

If I login after a clean restart, apcaccess results in an error.  If I type "apcupsd start" to start the service, apcaccess works fine.  My problem is literally enabling apsupsd to start at bootup.  What am I not getting here?

Thanks in advance!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet