Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Same user profile and multiple sessions

Sove

Question

Hi at all,

We have two catalog: 

- a single session OS, where user connect to use office,  etc...

- a multiple session OS, used to publish some applications.

I have configured UPM profile and the GPO is applied on machines of both catalogs.
If I open a virtual app and I browse the desktop folder I cannot see new files created by user on the virtual desktop...
I have Active Write back enabled.

Do I have to enable redirected folders to resolve this issue?
If I enable it, existing profiles are migrated correctly?

Thanks

Regards

5 answers to this question

Thanks for your prompt replay.

So with redirected folder I risolve my issues woth profile..

Another question, I saw that, when I close a virtual app and I disconnect from the desktop the session on multisession server remain in disconnnected status? Can I change this behaviour?

At last...If the user change the dpi settings ti 125% on the next reconnection dpi return ti 100...I know that workspace can do dpi matching and adapt to dpi of the source desktop, but on the seamless session the text Is top blurry...do you have some suggestion ti improve the text quality?

You can set timers in group policy:

Computer Configuration | Policies | Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Remote Desktop Services | Remote Desktop Session Host | Session Time Limits

Set a time limit for active but idle Terminal Services sessions = enabled, 3 hours or similar

Set time limit for disconnected sessions = enabled, 3 hours or similar

Try Workspace app > Advanced Preferences > HIgh DPI.

Hi Carl,

I configured profiles with redirected folders: I noticed that if I create a file on virtual desktop, to see it in the virtual app I need to refresh.

I followed this KB (https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX263595) but it didn't help me...

Now, before to try another registry edit, do you have some suggestion? 

I see also this https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/365890-desktop-files-now-showing-up-unless-you-refresh/?ct=1596523438, do you know if the registry on the last post resolve this issue?

Thanks a lot

Regards