Welcome to our new Citrix community!

secure mail offline use

Thomas Mampuumlller

Question

We use secure mail on our iPdads and iPhones. When our employees are on the move (by train or similar) it happens that there is no internet available or the devices are deliberately used in flight mode.

When secure mail is started offline, a message appears that the Internet is not available. You can only terminate the app then. A use is not possible.

How can I use secure mail when I am offline or in flight mode? I am very happy about feedback.

Best regards

Thomas Müller

3 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Thomas Mampuumlller said:

Thank you, adjusting this setting has solved the problem.

A question, however, which arises for me. If an internet connection is available, will the VPN connection be used again? Or does the connection now always run without a VPN connection?

Best regards

Thomas Müller

You can refer following doc for more details about that MDX policy https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/mdx-toolkit/policies-platform/policies-ios.html

The "micro VPN Session Required" policy if set to NO means you can be able to access the App though there is no active VPN session due to some internet connectivity issues or mobile device set to Airplane mode etc.. , therefore as soon as the internet is available the selected VPN should work as it is.