Welcome to our new Citrix community!

"Broken" SRs because of turned off servers

Question

Hello,

Temporarily, and due to the ongoing pandemic and crisis, we switched off 2 of the servers of our pool in order to save some euros in the monthly invoice due to electric consumption. Today we added a new iSCSI LUN, and now all the shared SRs appear as:

image.png.69bfe783c9da6ee74ef10f009e94dc6f.png

There's nothing wrong with them of course. This happens because with the new LUN addition a full rescan is performed and it detects that the connections to two of the pool servers are not there:

image.png.b090c9b85ed37ae30e6e5849a9ebbb6a.png

I'm aware it's just 100% aesthetic because of course everything works normally. But my question is... Is there any way of telling Xen to forget about connecting the SRs to the switched off servers so those connections appear as "green"? I'm not using "Destroy" on them because we will turn them back on eventually sooner or later.

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Konstantina Chremmou said:

How did you switch the servers off? Did you do it via XenCenter/CLI or from outside it?

Well certainly not. We moved all the VMs and then just "poweroff".

41 minutes ago, Mark Syms said:

No, there isn't but that would certainly be a good enhancement. I'll raise a ticket for it.

Mark.

Maybe that would have helped as well. I have no idea now... (and I can't remove yet another host to test).

41 minutes ago, Mark Syms said:

No, there isn't but that would certainly be a good enhancement. I'll raise a ticket for it.

Mark.

That would be great :) Thanks a lot.

So, if you powered the hosts off without doing so through the XenCenter UI you haven't told the system that these are intentionally down and so they're reported as broken. If the hosts had been shutdown through XenCenter then the expectation is that the hosts would be marked down and no broken storage alerts would be raised for them.