Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Nitro DELETE API all not work due to "Invalid args in query parameters"

Woody Wang

Hi team, I want to unbind and delete some resource by Nitro API.

Firstly, unbind a service from lbvserver by CURL.

DELETE http://127.0.0.1/nitro/v1/config/lbvserver_service_binding/xxx-web-1-80?args=servicename:xxx-app-1-8080-3

Response: { "errorcode": -1, "message": "Invalid args in query parameters", "severity": "ERROR" }

Then, I use SDK to unbind, still failed. And I captured the HTTP request SDK sent:

HTTP://10.1.1.1/nitro/v1/config/lbvserver_service_binding/xxx-web-1-80?skipinvalidarg=yes&args=servicename:xxx-app-1-8080-3,name:xxx-web-1-80
Response: {"errorcode":-1,"message":"Invalid query parameters","severity":"ERROR"}

Neither CURL or SDK can unbind the resource, and they returned different errors... That's weird...

---

Then, delete an audit message action.

request captured from SDK:

HTTP://10.1.1.1/nitro/v1/config/auditmessageaction/HTTP_Message_Action?skipinvalidarg=yes&args=name:HTTP_Message_Action
Response: {"errorcode":-1,"message":"Invalid query parameters","severity":"ERROR"}

But according to API doc, HTTP requests shall be DELETE HTTP://10.1.1.1/nitro/v1/config/auditmessageaction/HTTP_Message_Action . It worked. I don't know why SDK failed.

---

Now, I don't know how to unbind or delete a resource. Do I really have to use SSH???

Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Hi, did you ever solve this? I have the same error (with Powershell Invoke-Restmethode when trying to delete sta bindings (http:// <netscaler-ip-address> /nitro/v1/config/vpnvserver_staserver_binding/ name_value<String> ? args=staserver: <String_value>)

HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request
access-control-allow-credentials: false
access-control-allow-origin: *
cache-control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
connection: close
content-length: 111
content-type: application/json; charset=utf-8
date: Wed, 07 Jun 2023 15:01:21 GMT
expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
feature-policy: camera 'none'; microphone 'none'; geolocation 'none'
pragma: no-cache
referrer-policy: no-referrer
server: Apache
x-content-type-options: nosniff
x-frame-options: SAMEORIGIN
x-xss-protection: 1; mode=block

{"errorcode":-1,"message":"Invaild query parameters [encode the special characters if any]","severity":"ERROR"}

Thank you