Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Content Switching Virtual Servers policy failed

My netscaler version number is 12.0

I want to create a Content Switching vserver that connects through multiple ports. It will determine the Load Balancing Virtual Servers to be accessed based on the URL address, but an error is prompted when the expression is entered in the policy.

Do you have any good suggestions?

My configuration attached.

LB Vserver:

image.thumb.png.eb0c17ca1d0884c9330d510a64e62adb.png

image.thumb.png.07ada52d15e1a96de3f8c852b6ef2ebd.png

image.thumb.png.29dc5ab9bd1162c62d16cf8c6ac63aca.png

Content Switching Action:

image.thumb.png.5515cb069dcf0f25d599dc5e1b79c355.png

Create Content Switching Policy

image.thumb.png.37d656ee00ecb37468c6201c67281fba.png

image.png

Carl's correct.

A CS vserver of type HTTP, needs to use HTTP based policies and direct traffic to vservers of type HTTP.

ANY can't really be used with content switching as it doesn't know it is web-based to use HTTP requests.

If you have a web app that is on multiple ports, but is still web-based:

the lb vserver should be HTTP:* and you can then use a listen policy to identify the port range. (If non-addressable, these is a little different).

If you need to match specific vserver ports to specific services ports, then you would have port specific cs vservers/lb vsevers/services.

If you have a mix of HTTP and TCP content, better to do a TCP cs vserver on certain ports vs the HTTP cs vserver for web content and sort the traffic appropriately.

IF there is a little more insight on how you need to sort the traffic, then we might be able to make suggestions for the cs config.

On 7/24/2020 at 4:30 AM, Rhonda Rowland1709152125 said:

Carl's correct.

A CS vserver of type HTTP, needs to use HTTP based policies and direct traffic to vservers of type HTTP.

ANY can't really be used with content switching as it doesn't know it is web-based to use HTTP requests.

If you have a web app that is on multiple ports, but is still web-based:

the lb vserver should be HTTP:* and you can then use a listen policy to identify the port range. (If non-addressable, these is a little different).

If you need to match specific vserver ports to specific services ports, then you would have port specific cs vservers/lb vsevers/services.

If you have a mix of HTTP and TCP content, better to do a TCP cs vserver on certain ports vs the HTTP cs vserver for web content and sort the traffic appropriately.

IF there is a little more insight on how you need to sort the traffic, then we might be able to make suggestions for the cs config.

On 7/23/2020 at 9:42 PM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

I suspect the target vServer needs to be HTTP instead of ANY. 

Thanks to Carl and Rhonda for the answers

It's like this. I need to access my https website through CS,

I assume that the IP address of the first server of my website is: 1.1.1.1, and the address of the second server of my website is: 2.2.2.2

Website 1: https://test1.uat.local (1.1.1.1)

Website 2: https://test2.uat.local (2.2.2.2)

among them.
The website needs to open ports 443,5671,61634

Site two wants to open any ports.

I tried to configure the Protocol to SSL_TCL and SSL LB, but they all failed.

If I configure the protocol to be SSL CS... the website can be opened, but some functions are not available, because the port is not connected.

How do I configure my LB and CS?

Can you give me a detailed configuration for reference?

Thanks again