Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Question

10 answers to this question

Do you have self healing enabled on your application? and also, it might be worth enforcing filter processing 

Application -> Disconnect (Id:17) -> Action already executed and filter enforcement disabled -> Exiting

you can also reset in the user session, the status of the tracked application (depending on your version of WEM it's natively inbuilt) or you may need to use my script to delete the keys - but confirm above first i guess

• Like 1
2 hours ago, James Kindon said:

what do your wem agent logs say on the endpoint?

I think I've replaced all localised information of domain names etc. Here is the content of the "Citrix WEM Agent.log" from my user account. Let me know if you were after anything else. The application I am testing is called "Disconnect". Log file attached.

Log.txt

Edited by mgailer
Log contents uploaded as a file.
20 hours ago, James Kindon said:

Do you have self healing enabled on your application? and also, it might be worth enforcing filter processing 

Application -> Disconnect (Id:17) -> Action already executed and filter enforcement disabled -> Exiting

you can also reset in the user session, the status of the tracked application (depending on your version of WEM it's natively inbuilt) or you may need to use my script to delete the keys - but confirm above first i guess

Yes, self-healing is enabled on the application. Should I test it with that turned off? Also, when you say "Filter Processing" are you talking about moving it away from an Action Group and assign it to the group itself in "Assignments"?

11 hours ago, James Kindon said:

check under advanced settings -> Configuration -> Advanced processing

do you see the file system object for the taskbar icon created by WEM? (in the profile) and also, is there anything else controlling the taskbar (custom start layout etc?)

Not sure what's going on with discussions, but I'm not getting notified when you reply. But, I got around to testing with the application assigned to the user instead of via an Action Group and it pins to the Taskbar successfully this way. Is this a known limitation that pinning to Taskbar does not work via an Action Group or perhaps a bug?

11 hours ago, Matthew Gailer1709152490 said:

Not sure what's going on with discussions, but I'm not getting notified when you reply. But, I got around to testing with the application assigned to the user instead of via an Action Group and it pins to the Taskbar successfully this way. Is this a known limitation that pinning to Taskbar does not work via an Action Group or perhaps a bug?

I can reproduce this problem, via action groups the icon is not attached to the taskbar. 

I have similar experience with registry entries under “policies” (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\NonEnum)

With action group I get an error in the logs:

Exception	07:37:22	Exception	VuemRegistryValueController.ProcessSingleEntityTask()	Error while processing Registry Entry: TEST for Item: Everyone (S-1-1-0)

Assigned directly it works as it should. All other registry entries in the action groups works fine.