Welcome to our new Citrix community!

SCVMM 2019 and PVS 7.24 Vdisk Retries

Question

5 answers to this question

We disabled on both the TDS and PVS Servers.

Disable Large Send Offload on PVS Servers
    Inside Registry Editor 
    navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
    New > DWORD (32-bit) Value DisableTaskOffload = 1
    This requires a server restart

59 minutes ago, Darryl Sakach said:

We disabled on both the TDS and PVS Servers.

Disable Large Send Offload on PVS Servers
    Inside Registry Editor 
    navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
    New > DWORD (32-bit) Value DisableTaskOffload = 1
    This requires a server restart

Thanks for the answer Darry.

We have also a VMWARE hypervisor here and the retries of provisioned machines are very low. This configuration suggested to do in PVS is applied when you have also a SCVMM hypervisor?

We are also a VMWare shop. I do not know this setting will resolve your retries issue, just that we have been running successfully for some time with Offload set on both TDS and PVS Servers. We made this change 18 months ago due to high retries and it seems to have helped. Our vDisk retries are generally below 10, but there are still occasions where they pop up to numbers you are reporting, but I expect they are due to forces outside of PVS. We do not generally experience issues due to retry counts in the neighborhood you are reporting.

11 minutes ago, Darryl Sakach said:

We are also a VMWare shop. I do not know this setting will resolve your retries issue, just that we have been running successfully for some time with Offload set on both TDS and PVS Servers. We made this change 18 months ago due to high retries and it seems to have helped. Our vDisk retries are generally below 10, but there are still occasions where they pop up to numbers you are reporting, but I expect they are due to forces outside of PVS. We do not generally experience issues due to retry counts in the neighborhood you are reporting.

Thanks for the answer.

I´ve checked now in both PVS servers and I have this key DisableTaskOffload set to 1.