Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Hi Folks,

We are running MPX 8905 appliances (HA Pair) on our on-premise DC sites. These devices are mostly hosting Citrix Gateway and virtual LB services. In peak hours a total of approx. 2000 users connect to these devices . We are having a requirement where we want to switch our services from on-premise to cloud based solution. I understand that MPX device have in-built SSL chips and suits better for SSL VPN connections. I want to know if we have any comparable VPX specs (like VPX 1000 with some cloud based VM sizing)  that can give us stable performance like we have with our MPX boxes in on prem DC sites. Any help will be highly appreciated !!

Thanks

Vipin

Which cloud?

Different clouds have different maximum throughputs for VPX.

I think all of them let you assign a higher license that unlocks more CPU cores since SSL processing is performed on CPU.

Another way of scaling is to scale out using GSLB active/active.

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the response. We are looking for some solution in Oracle Cloud. We can use our existing licenses (VPX 1000 Platinum) in BYOL category if that option is available. Can it be a good choice depending on user load we have ? We can further refine it with GSLB active/active if it's available but anyways we can expect 1000 users per node in peak hours. 

Thanks

Vipin