Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Testing moving Citrix Database to another SQL server

Oje Alexis1709154468

Question

Hi Folks,

I have to move our production Citrix database to another SQL server. Found the below link on what to do. I am testing the procedure to do them manually via Powershell. I am able to set a service DB connection value to null but unable to set to new DB connection value. It gives me the below error

image.thumb.png.420ca0bd0bee962176da340531c1217d.png

"There was a problem communicating with the Citrix Delegated Administration Service"

Both my account and service account have full delegated rights to the  site. I've tried while logged in with both accounts and result is the same using elevated Powershell sessions. I am able to go through the back door and manually set the value in the Registry which isn't what I want to do. Running  LTSR 7.15 CU3.

I am following this article :https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/advanced-concepts/implementation-guides/database-connection-strings.html

Shouldn't be this difficult. What am I missing here?

Much appreciated!

image.png

4 answers to this question

15 hours ago, Dennis Parker said:

Does the Computer account of the Delivery Controller have access to the DBs on the new server? (security Logins)

As Dennis, make sure the Machine account should be in administrative group  in new SQL server