Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Error installing Windows Management Agent

Rudolf Lindinger

Question

Hello there,

yesterday i installed a new Xenserver 8.2 added an iscsi storage an installed a windows server 2016 vm. Everything was fine. Then i tried to install the Management Agent 64bit. i tried this several times - every time the same error: "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run." I also installed the .net framework runtime as this is needed for the management agent to install.

In the event log of the vm there is: Error 1723. Action ACT_INITIATORSID, entry: SetInitiatorSidProperty.

Any advice please?

Thanks

Rudolf

2020-06-30_10h10_16.png

2020-06-30_10h20_29.png

8 answers to this question

Hi Alan,

i am not able to install a .msi as Admin, but i opened an elevated command prompt and executed the msiexec.exe as admin. But this also doesn't work.

I will downgrade to 8.1 and then will try to install Server 2016 and the guest tools. If this works, i know that the problems come with 8.2. It is a lab configuration, so it is not problem to downgrade or delete the installation. I will use this in production only when it is working without problems.

It ist interesting that nobody else has problems with the guest tools!?

Thanks

Rudolf

So, now i downgraded/restored to 8.1.0. Then i reattached the VMs and installed the Management Tools with the VM_tools.iso from the virtual CD-Drive. Everything worked perfect. So i think there is a problem with the new 8.2 managementagentx64.msi, which does not work - because the VMs are the same, i only reattached them.