Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Hello All, Need you advice. Facing issue while upgrading VDA of Win10 E from 1909 to 1912 Tried following steps but no luck -Manually uninstall and reinstall VDA -Reinstalled using VDA cleanup utility -Tried version 1912 and 1903,2006 -Changed security pe

pravin kokate

Question

Hello All,
Need you advice.

Facing issue while upgrading VDA of Win10 E from 1909 to 1912

Error-

Installation of the ICA for Workstation failed with error code 1603
(Citrix HDX WS x64 -- Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CA_SetWin10orGreaterProperty, entry: SetWin10orGreaterProperty, library: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI8E6D.tmp.)

Tried following steps but no luck
-Manually uninstall and reinstall VDA
-Reinstalled using VDA cleanup utility
-Tried version 1912 and 1903,2006
-Changed security permission and also on  Appdata\Local\Temp but no luck
-Register and Unregister MSI Installer
-Tried Fresh install
-Ran Microsoft Install/Uninstall Program 
-Performed some fix which shared over net

VDAerror.PNG

6 answers to this question

I can confirm that this worked for me. For some reason 1912ltsr CU3 using RemotePC to a VDI all the sudden stopped working. I assume right after patching is when this took place. The VDA would register but no connection could be made as the connection starts to initiate then ends. No errors in the event logs. Initiated VDA uninstall utility and reinstalled many times trying to fixes from articles based on the errors in the logs but nothing worked as the installation would fail.  

Based on Maniraj's suggestion I did a search for vcruntime* on a new VM and found two extra .dll's compared to the broken VM. Unfortunately did not take a screen cap of the two that were missing. As soon as I copied the files my installation completed.