Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XenServer 8.2.0 not recognize ethernet on Intel NUC 10

uemit.ince

Question

Hello everyone, I bought the new Intel NUC 10 (NUC10i7FNH) for my homelab and had to find out during the installation of XenServer 8.2.0 that the built-in network interface (Intel I219-V) and the USB StarTech interface is not recognized.

Did one of you have a similar problem and could solve it?

Cheers

10 answers to this question

I successfully installed Hypervisor 8.2 on NUC10i7FNH.
Unzip the e1000e.ko.zip first.
When the installation says there is no network interface, press CTRL-ALT-F2 to switch to the Virtual Terminal and copy the e1000e.ko file below location.
/usr/lib/modules/4.19.0+1/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e1000e/e1000e.ko
And execute the command below.
insmod /usr/lib/modules/4.19.0+1/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e1000e/e1000e.ko

Press CTRLALT-F1 again to come to the installation screen and continue with the installation.

At the Supplement disk screen, press CTRL-ALT-F2 to switch to the Virtual Terminal and copy it to the location below.
/tmp/root/usr/lib/modules/4.19.0+1/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e1000e/e1000e.ko/usr/lib/modules/4.19.0+1/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e1000e/e1000e.ko
Press CTRLALT-F1 again to come to the installation screen and finish the installation.

• Like 1
On 3/9/2021 at 4:44 AM, Jay Lee1709162154 said:

I successfully installed Hypervisor 8.2 on NUC10i7FNH.
Unzip the e1000e.ko.zip first.
When the installation says there is no network interface, press CTRL-ALT-F2 to switch to the Virtual Terminal and copy the e1000e.ko file below location.
/usr/lib/modules/4.19.0+1/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e1000e/e1000e.ko
And execute the command below.
insmod /usr/lib/modules/4.19.0+1/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e1000e/e1000e.ko

Press CTRLALT-F1 again to come to the installation screen and continue with the installation.

At the Supplement disk screen, press CTRL-ALT-F2 to switch to the Virtual Terminal and copy it to the location below.
/tmp/root/usr/lib/modules/4.19.0+1/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e1000e/e1000e.ko/usr/lib/modules/4.19.0+1/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e1000e/e1000e.ko
Press CTRLALT-F1 again to come to the installation screen and finish the installation.

Hi!
Can you clarify the last "Supplemental" step, the destinationpath looks a bit strange or its just me that dont understand :)
/tmp/root/usr..../e1000e.ko/usr/lib....  a subfolder to the driver ko-file ?
Anyhow, if I skip the "Supplemental"-step, I get Failed to start Load Kernel Modules at startup and no ethernet is loaded at startup.

//Peter Eriksson

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Jose Pablo Benavides said:

Have you tested 8.1?

I will give it a try. With 8.2 there is no way for the moment to proceed the setup wizard. My hope was that someone already had experience with it and could solve the problem with the NUC 10 and the XenServer 8.2 with the help of third party driver.

21 hours ago, Alan Lantz said:

https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/390537-usb-nics-in-xs-pool-feasible/#comment-1986184

This is what I remember on getting usb nics for the 7.x versions. 8.x will likely be different, but at least it

can hopefully give you some info which may be of help.

--Alan--

I have just flown over the post but it seems that it is about the additional integration of a USB ethernet adapter. In my case, the setup wizard stops before installation because it neither recognizes the StarTech USB adapter nor the integrated ethernet port.

I'm pretty new to topics like that. therefore I want to ask, if there is a place where i can see compatible drivers. Maybe I could insert this during the wizard?

On 6/26/2020 at 3:56 AM, uemit.ince said:

Hello everyone, I bought the new Intel NUC 10 (NUC10i7FNH) for my homelab and had to find out during the installation of XenServer 8.2.0 that the built-in network interface (Intel I219-V) and the USB StarTech interface is not recognized.

Did one of you have a similar problem and could solve it?

Cheers

Where you able to find a fix for this? Having the same issue