Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Workspace App - client license issue, disconnection after 60 minutes on Linux but not Windows

Marc Kelly

Question

I have been using the Linux Workspace App for a while, but recently received the message:

"Remote Desktop License Issue

There is a problem with your Remote Desktop license, and your session will be disconnected in 60 minutes. Contact your system administrator to fix this problem."

I installed the Windows version of Workspace App, and got the same message. Google brought me to:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6f073114-9944-437f-83b7-0972344440ea/rds-2016-licensing-issue-per-device-warning-at-user-logon?forum=winserverTS

so I followed the instructions for deleting the MSLicense registry key and running regsvr32.exe mstscax.dll, and that appeared to resolve the problem on the Windows version. I was able to log in and did not get the message. But when I log in using the Linux Workspace App, with the same account, I still receive the license error and it disconnects as promised after 60 minutes.

I am assuming this is not a server-side issue since I am using the same account login/password. But I obviously can't delete MS registry keys on Debian. I did find something called /etc/icalicense/clientlicense, so I re-named that and retried, but it didn't appear to make a difference.

My support team for this configuration is more familiar with Windows issues, so I'm reaching out to the community for this one.

1 answer to this question