Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Cisco ACE 30 Engine to Citrix VPX Migration

For the beginning - you will migrate to VPX or SDX appliance?

Second - you can check if service mentioned here https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2015/05/26/cisco-ace-to-netscaler-migration-tool-available-in-citrix-insight-services/?_ga=2.267962061.210942229.1592208103-1242618716.1589779116 is still up&running. 

Usually there are much better ways of doing application delivery on Netscaler than they used to be on ACE. It makes sense to not only copy / paste same config and concepts from old ACE to NS but to re-thing and redesign your environment from scratch. 

Thanks for your time . Yes its in VPX. The ask from the customer is  to move the services AS-IS . Hence we are replicating all the 5 contexts from ACE to NS.

If I use the Migration tool and upload the config into NS how do I make sure its not affecting the production as the IP Schema is live in ACE . I understand that we can keep the ports shut but need your help what all the things to be taken care before uploading the config into NS .

Appreciate your help.

Migration tool is not to be take 100% granted. Check the output first. 

You have 5 contexts - will there also be different context administrators? Usually we 'map' contexts to either traffic domains or admin partitions (better options).

If clients are hitting ACE using DNS resolvers you can use different IPs on NS and just switch DNS over to NS owned IPs when ready. 

Thanks for your valuable inputs . All are legacy applications and no one has any clue on how the application architecture is and hence they have insisted us not to change even a single IP except the MGMT IP's. You are correct , if they are using the DNS names between the WEB , APP and DB layer then its not a problem at all even if there is a change in Ip schema. But in this case I'm not getting much help from the application standpoint.

Yes In Ace we have admin context and 5 other contexts used for Data traffics.

Aslo could you please detail me this statement . Sorry I'm new to NS terminologies

"Usually we 'map' contexts to either traffic domains or admin partitions (better options)."

Edited by sathishs@hexaware.com
Details required for this statement ""Usually we 'map' contexts to either traffic domains or admin partitions (better options).""