Welcome to our new Citrix community!

"Skype for Business is running locally on your device" warning

Nick Panaccio

Question

I haven't been able to find an answer to this yet, but is there a way to disable the "Skype for Business is running locally on your device" warning that appears on an endpoint when you connect to a Citrix desktop that has the HDX RTOP installed, and Skype is still running locally on the endpoint? I ask because I assume that Citrix still hasn't come up with a way to automatically terminate the local Skype process. I know it's not ideal, but I'd venture a guess and say that 99% of the users who see this message aren't going to be using the HDX RTOP, which is why I want to disable the message.

Warning.jpg

2 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Nick Panaccio said:

I haven't been able to find an answer to this yet, but is there a way to disable the "Skype for Business is running locally on your device" warning that appears on an endpoint when you connect to a Citrix desktop that has the HDX RTOP installed, and Skype is still running locally on the endpoint? I ask because I assume that Citrix still hasn't come up with a way to automatically terminate the local Skype process. I know it's not ideal, but I'd venture a guess and say that 99% of the users who see this message aren't going to be using the HDX RTOP, which is why I want to disable the message.

Warning.jpg

Unfortunately not because having both running will cause race conditions and issues ultimately. 

Let's go Pens! :) 

Daniel