Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Remove "Transfer Login" page

Hello,

I have the following question:

We have an always-on setup configured for a customer in a pilot phase. After the user logs in to windows the auto-login feature ( in combination with client certificate)of Netscaler Gateways establishes the VPN connection without any user interaction.

Users do not have the rights to log off nor exit the plugin. These option are grayed out.

Most of the times all of the above works as designed. Sometimes the plugin forgets the URL but we think this has to do with the certificate ( which we will strip away in the future).

However the following behavior is reported by a number of users:

When they boot up their laptop the VPN is established. When they afterwards reboot the laptop sometimes they get the " transfer login" page. The plugin reports that there already is a connection on a different device and that the session needs to be transferred. It is strange since it is always the same laptop that makes the connection.

This is not desired since there needs to be minimal user interaction for the VPN to build up.

It seems that when the user reboots his laptop, the ADC still thinks that the session in open/active but the client wants to re-establish a new connection. It is my understanding that the session does not get cleared properly on the ADC.

I have already looked at the "Spillover"/"Mapped IP" option within the session profile but from the Citrix documentation i am under the impression that the clients ip will be replaced with the subnet IP/mapped ip of the ADC which is not preferred in our case.

Does anybody have an idea what the solution is. We want to achieve that the plugin automatically transfers the session whenever it detects another session ( which was not cleared correctly).

We are using firmware version 13.0 47.24 ( both ADC and plugin version)

Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...
On 6/8/2020 at 3:21 PM, Arne Van Deun said:

Hello,

We have an always-on setup configured for a customer in a pilot phase. After the user logs in to windows the auto-login feature ( in combination with client certificate)of Netscaler Gateways establishes the VPN connection without any user interaction.

Users do not have the rights to log off nor exit the plugin. These option are grayed out.

Most of the times all of the above works as designed. Sometimes the plugin forgets the URL but we think this has to do with the certificate ( which we will strip away in the future).

When they boot up their laptop the VPN is established. When they afterwards reboot the laptop sometimes they get the " transfer login" page. The plugin reports that there already is a connection on a different device and that the session needs to be transferred. It is strange since it is always the same laptop that makes the connection.

This is not desired since there needs to be minimal user interaction for the VPN to build up.

It seems that when the user reboots his laptop, the ADC still thinks that the session in open/active but the client wants to re-establish a new connection. It is my understanding that the session does not get cleared properly on the ADC.

I have already looked at the "Spillover"/"Mapped IP" option within the session profile but from the Citrix documentation i am under the impression that the clients ip will be replaced with the subnet IP/mapped ip of the ADC which is not preferred in our case.

Does anybody have an idea what the solution is. We want to achieve that the plugin automatically transfers the session whenever it detects another session ( which was not cleared correctly).

Thanks in advance!

Have the same problem, could be a test to lower timeout value after disconnect so they need a new session after couple of minutes, then the window shouldn't popup?

We took this to Citrix support and this was the official response:

---------------------------------------

Enhancement request for always on Automatic transfer logon when the user is logging in from the same machine as the transfer logon states there is a session running from another machine but it's the same machine?

Response: Our engineering and product management team came to an agreement that we should have this supported in the product. For that they have suggested to raise an enhancement for which I am attaching the enhancement form. request you to please fillup and share the same.
having said that, the changes will be: If the same user is connecting from the same machine i.e. username is same and machine-ID then a seamless transfer should take place, whereas if the machine-ID or username differs we tend to show the transfer logon.
---------------------------------------

Outcome:

Works as designed. Enhancement request made but no idea when/if they will implement this. 

On 6/8/2020 at 3:21 PM, Arne Van Deun said:

Hello,

Thanks in advance!

Have the same problem, could be a test to lower timeout value after disconnect so they need a new session after couple of minutes, then the window shouldn't popup?

• 2 years later...