Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Pass keyboard shortcuts to host instead of session

Oscar Nalum

Question

Using Citrix Workspace 1911 on Windows 10, is there a way to pass a keyboard shortcut (e.g. Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Win+RightArrow) to the host computer instead of the Citrix session

According to this post from 2014 (and this from 2018), you could (in Linux):

Press Ctrl+F2 to switch keyboard focus for the next command from the ICA session to the local client,  then press your hotkey.

Is this feature not available anymore? Or was it never available in the Windows client, only Linux?

It would be very useful to be able to switch between virtual desktops on the host by pressing Ctrl+F2, followed by Ctrl+Win+Right/Left.

4 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Citrix Workspace Group Policy template has a couple settings for keyboard shortcuts.

image.thumb.png.ae30b0a055b0f536b7af299dd81f0b28.png

Sadly, none of those keyboard shortcuts apply to what I am asking for.

image.thumb.png.f4b3fe644827a52816834b0c2274a4f3.png

image.png.73cc802e4555d782cd610ca75c712e2a.png

Edited by onalum972
18 hours ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

See https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX232298

When you're viewing a desktop session in full screen, Citrix forwards most hotkeys to the remote session. If you switch to a Window instead of Full Screen, then they should be local.

You can try changing the group policy for Windows key to Local only.

Thanks for the response. I am aware of how Citrix forwards hotkeys in windowed and full-screen sessions. I want hotkeys forwarded to the remote session when in full-screen, as is default.

However, I am specifically asking about the feature where you can press Ctrl+F2 to send the next hotkey to the host instead of the remote, as is documented in the threads I linked in the original post.

This functionality is currently not working in Citrix Workspace for Windows ,and I am asking whether it is possible to enable this, or if it is simply a "Citrix Workspace for Linux"-only feature.