Welcome to our new Citrix community!

MCS KMS Activation for Windows OS

Question

Hi All,

I'm not sure why I can't wrap my head around this or find an exact answer out there, but how do you activate Windows using KMS on MCS images.  It seems like I'm missing a small step somewhere.

I've setup my KMS server, install the KMS license and it shows as licensed in KMS.  So what do I need to do on my master image to have it activate?

I've run slmgr /skms activationservername to point the master image to the KMS server.  It's reachable and checks into DNS fine.

I then run slmgr /rearm and power down the master, take a snapshot and deploy it.

When the servers come online they show that they are not activated.  Do I need to activate the iamge using slmgr /ato prior to rearming ?  I also read somewhere that MCS re-arms for you?  I can't figure out why these aren't registering properly.  Running slmgr /dlv on the KMS server doesn't show any failures so I don't know where I'm going wrong.

Using 7.15 CU5 VDA.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Steve M.

2 answers to this question

On 6/5/2020 at 7:30 PM, Steve MacNeil1709157315 said:

Hi All,

I'm not sure why I can't wrap my head around this or find an exact answer out there, but how do you activate Windows using KMS on MCS images.  It seems like I'm missing a small step somewhere.

I've setup my KMS server, install the KMS license and it shows as licensed in KMS.  So what do I need to do on my master image to have it activate?

I've run slmgr /skms activationservername to point the master image to the KMS server.  It's reachable and checks into DNS fine.

I then run slmgr /rearm and power down the master, take a snapshot and deploy it.

When the servers come online they show that they are not activated.  Do I need to activate the iamge using slmgr /ato prior to rearming ?  I also read somewhere that MCS re-arms for you?  I can't figure out why these aren't registering properly.  Running slmgr /dlv on the KMS server doesn't show any failures so I don't know where I'm going wrong.

Using 7.15 CU5 VDA.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Steve M.

Hi Steve,

Just for asking. Do you able to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Zul