Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Keytool binary not found - Windows10

Mikael Delveus

Question

I have downloaded the MAM SDK (MAM_SDK_for_Android_Beta1), but have trouble setting up the build correct.

I added a android_setting.txt and set path to android-sdk

task generateMdx(type: Exec, dependsOn: build) {

commandLine 'c:/Development/microsoft_dist_openjdk_1.8.0.25/bin/java', '-jar', "${project.ext.mamSdkLib}/../tools/managed-app-utility.jar", 'wrap',

}

Got this then running the build:

Found zipalign binary at path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\28.0.3\zipalign.exe
Keytool binary not found. This is part of the Java JDK. Please refer to the MDX Toolkit documentation for download instructions.
Found apksigner binary at path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\28.0.3\apksigner.bat
Found jarsigner binary at path: C:\Development\microsoft_dist_openjdk_1.8.0.25\bin\jarsigner.exe

I do not understand how keytool can not by found when jarsigner is. The are both in the same directory!

5 answers to this question

Hi Mikael,

For Windows, I believe the quickest way to resolve this is to create an android_settings.txt file under your MAM SDK library\tools folder.  For example:
C:\Users\haroldt\AndroidStudioProjects\MySampleApp\sdk\20.10.5.1\Library\tools

And populate the file with a PATH variable pointing to the build-tools and JDK folder.  Here's my example:
PATH=C:\Users\haroldt\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\build-tools\30.0.3;C:\Users\haroldt\Documents\jdk-16\bin