Browser Content Redirection not working in Chrome

Question

Hi All,

I have been testing BCR in Win10 1809 and Win 2016. In both cases, BCR works in IE browser but not in Chrome. 

Site and VDA running 1912, I do have the chrome extension added and workspace App 2002 on Windows endpoint. 

When I browse to site with Chrome browser, at times it say "Redirecting ..... " and then see a white blank page, then page does not load. I do see BCR Icon lit green. If I turn off BCR, the site loads fine.

And I'm not going via proxy.

Tested sites

All sites redirect fine in IE but not in Chrome. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

CT

16 answers to this question

Hi,

I was able to get chrome working with youtube after i switched to different endpoint. I believe it was related to  AV but other sites continue to fails with chrome and BCR. While I was waiting for escalation, I did use 7.15 CU5 VDA + BCR and it works fine. Even with MS teams.

Shared my find with escalation, being reviewed by engineering. 

Hope that helps. 

• Like 1
On 5/29/2020 at 4:39 PM, Clement Thuraisamy1709154286 said:

Hi All,

I have been testing BCR in Win10 1809 and Win 2016. In both cases, BCR works in IE browser but not in Chrome. 

Site and VDA running 1912, I do have the chrome extension added and workspace App 2002 on Windows endpoint. 

When I browse to site with Chrome browser, at times it say "Redirecting ..... " and then see a white blank page, then page does not load. I do see BCR Icon lit green. If I turn off BCR, the site loads fine.

Tested sites

Thanks,

CT

Hi CT.

Could you run a quick test in Chrome: https://www.websocket.org/echo.html

As well there are a lot of extensions in Chrome that can play a part. Can you try with an incognito window or see if you have an AV extensions? 

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I forgot to mention, I did already test incognito with BCR enabled and same experience. 

I just tested the websocket link in the VDA and endpoint and it show this browser supports websocket. I also tested the location connect and message part. 

Connected 

Sent: Rock it with HTML5 WebSocket

Received: Rock it with HTML5 WebSocket

Using my standard endpoint, Chrome BCR still fails. 

19 hours ago, Clement Thuraisamy1709154286 said:

Hi Daniel,

I forgot to mention, I did already test incognito with BCR enabled and same experience. 

I just tested the websocket link in the VDA and endpoint and it show this browser supports websocket. I also tested the location connect and message part. 

Connected 

Sent: Rock it with HTML5 WebSocket

Received: Rock it with HTML5 WebSocket

Using my standard endpoint, Chrome BCR still fails. 

Hmmm interesting. It must be somethin specific to Chrome. Can you install the Dev version of Chrome? Check that for me please. 

Just now, Clement Thuraisamy1709154286 said:

Hi Daniel,

yes, I will give it a try today.

Based on my experience so far. Both IE and Chrome works fine with youtube. As far as other sites like CNN, teams, nba etc, dont seem load BCR.

Thanks,

CT

Are we 100% the endpoint can access those sites? :) Captain obvious here ... 

Update:

Continue to have issue with VDA 1912CU1 and 2003 with regards to BCR. 

I downgraded by VDA to 7.15 CU5 and all the sites I mentioned above works in BCR including Teams. But post login, I encounter an error "AADSTS900561: The endpoint only accepts POST requests. Received a GET request." 

Shared my finding with escalations, as they have an open case with a next customer facing similar. 

So possible two issues out of this.

• Maybe an issue with BCR on newer VDA 1912CU1, Escalation to confirm. 
  • Issue with Team authentication when BCR comes into play. Escalation to confirm more on this.

Thanks 

CT  

On 5/29/2020 at 5:39 PM, Clement Thuraisamy1709154286 said:

Hi All,

Tested sites

Thanks,

CT

I have the "same" Issu with VDA in 1902 LTSR / Workspace 2002 and BCR Plugin (Client fetch and client render). 

youtube show "redirecting", BCR icone is Green =  Chrome show blank page.

BUT if i resize the chromes window, youtube display corretly, redirection (videos or page) work well !

trying this register key doesnt work : 

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Citrix\HdxMediaStream

Name: GPU

Type: DWORD

Data: 0

i have the same thing with other redirected page and i always need to resize the windows to display the page.

On 4/15/2021 at 10:48 AM, Robert Kuehne said:

Hi,

i ahve the same problem, redirecting gotomeeting shows a blank page, jitsi works fine. We use XA 1912 LTSR CU1 with non LTSR Receiver on Endpoints. Have you solved it? Is it fixed in 1912 CU2or CU3?

Hello Robert,

have you managed to solve your blank page gotomeeting problem?