Welcome to our new Citrix community!

How can i set up a an ssl bridge vip so that the ip is seen by the destination iis and can block it or allow it

How can i set up a an ssl bridge vip so that the ip is seen by the destination IIS and can block it or allow it based on ip, i ve tried insert client ip address option on the header with x forwarded for option but still the iss doesnt block it,  since ive checked on advanced feature of ip restriction proxy mode enabled still doesnt do it , is like is unable to see the client ip header, i am trying to block access to ecp under exchange while using an ssl bridge vip    

If you want NS to only bridge the traffic and Exchange to see Client IP you need to enable USIP mode and enable it on  SSL-Bridge service (Use Source IP Address in Service Settings). 

Just out of curiosity - why don't you do a proper protection of your Exchange server using Netscaler? https://www.citrix.com/content/dam/citrix/en_us/documents/guide/deploying-netscaler-with-microsoft-exchange-2016.pdf. You can also use policies for blocking / allowing IP sets in Netscaler. 

You will provide much better protection with NS than exposing Exchange to intrernet alone.

BR, 

G.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Citrix recommends that you use this configuration only if an acceleration unit (for example, a PCI-based SSL accelerator card) is installed in the web server to handle the SSL processing overhead.

Before you configure SSL bridging, first enable SSL and load balancing on the appliance. Then, create SSL_Bridge services and bind them to an SSL_Bridge virtual server. Configure the load balancing feature to maintain server persistency for secure requests.

Citrix ADC skill development program https://www.netcomlearning.com/products/155/citrix-netscaler-adc.html