Welcome to our new Citrix community!

how to apply an interactive logon message to citrix users??

Tom Lyczko

Question

I have configured these items into a computer group policy, C_AttestationAtLogin.

It's to have people attest they don't have COVID, etc. (Please don't @ me about the legal and prejudicial/discrimination aspects, which I know exist.)

Computer Config >> Windows Settings >> Security Settings >> Local Policies >> Security Options >> Interactive Logon: Message text for users attempting to log on == 'Testing 1, 2, 3...'

and

Computer Config >> Windows Settings >> Security Settings >> Local Policies >> Security Options >> Interactive Logon: Message title for users attempting to log on == Test Message

I set this GPO within our XenApp Servers OU, and to apply to just me right now (as an AD global user security group), then did gpupdate /force on all the XA servers, then logged in, but I never saw the message anywhere upon logging in, what am I doing wrong??

There's no corresponding policy settings in User Configuration, and I want to test how it works before the actual message is displayed to everyone.

This is CVAD 2003 XA 7.x on Win2k19, serving a Full Desktop.

Thank you, Tom

2 answers to this question

Off the top of my head, I see you assign computer policies to a user group. 

You can put Computers into the group, but they won't see the setting right away and I assume you would want it to only apply to a test computer.

You can either restart the server to get the group membership or use the klist -li 0x3e7 purge   command to refresh computer groups.

I do have the policy applied to an OU containing XenApp servers, but I only want certain users to get the message while it's being tested. It's not working. I'll have to use logon scripts GPO instead, since they'd like to have a yes/no question involved, which requires PowerShell. Thank you, Tom