Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Risks of not updating to LTSR 7.15 CU5 (from CU1)

Jim Smith1709157654

Question

Hi, I have inherited and administer 3 x CVAD 7.15 LTSR farms which are running mainly CU1 (some VDAS run CU2..).

Can anyone confirm what the risks are of not upgrading the whole of the infrastructure to CU5?

I have approximately 40 VMS in each farm (2 DDAS, 2 PVS, 2 Storefront and 1 licence server) in addition to on average of 35 VDAS(Server + Desktop(VDI) OS).

Everything is streamed by PVS, we use SCVMM as the hosting/hypervisors (everything on premise). 

Just trying to determine what the pros and cons are of updating now and what the workload would be (has anyone done this type of CU upgrade by SCCM and was it straight forward (or is it better done manually) ?)

I have to tender a Business case for the upgrade and am trying to clarify the urgency (also does anyone know when CU6 is out and whether it be worth 'hanging fire' until that CU is released.

One of the farms infrastructures is somewhat critical.

Many Thanks

1 answer to this question

Save your cycles and look at 1912 LTSR instead 

https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2019/12/18/announcing-the-citrix-virtual-apps-and-desktops-1912-ltsr/

If you didn’t build the environment, I would manually upgrade it - who knows what ghosts are lurking in those closets :)

The VDA side of things you should be fine to upgrade with sccm (I would uninstall and then reinstall to be honest)

• Like 1