Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Issues with Audio/Video using Chrome OS workspace on Lenovo Chromebooks

Question

Hi All,

Apps and Desktops 1912 LTSR
VDA 1912 LTSR
Workspace app for Chrome OS 20.4.0.49
Lenovo Chromebook

I'm having real problems getting any form of Audio/Mic/Webcam redirection going when connected to a Win 10 VDI workstation and/or 2016 Published desktop from Chromebooks only. MS Teams, Skype for Business nothing seems to see any form of Webcam or audio device. We have a Hybrid client environment with Windows and Mac clinets and don't see this issue. Is there something i'm missing in regards to this functionality from Chrome OS clients anyone can think of ? I've played around a fair bit and can't get a bite, not sure where to start.

Thanks,

Liam

2 answers to this question

I'm seeing the same issue.  Same environment as you, except several different models of Acer chromebooks.  The audio seems to map, but the integrated cameras in the ChromeOS devices do not.   

Citrix has this article which shows how to setup https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX132764.   However if you have it running in Windows/Mac enviroment without any issues, it seems to be Citrix Workspace/ChromeOS issue.   It runs great on Windows in our environment, unfortunately doesn't work on several hundred chromebooks deployed.