Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Apps not opening from the correct Delivery Groups

Terry Chia

Question

Hi i have move some existing applications to a new delivery group but i noticed majority of the users, when they open these apps, it's still opening from the old delivery group. Any idea why? In Citrix Studio, when I go to the Delivery Group and click on Applications tab, I could see it there, however when users login to Citrix and open those apps, it is showing it being open from the old delivery group. But when I tested in on my own account, it's opening correctly from the correct delivery group. Any idea why?

8 answers to this question

On 5/20/2020 at 2:01 PM, Manoj Rana said:

Hi,

Are you using same storefront server for both Citrix farm? 

Have you removed the access form old citrix server ?

Thanks

Manoj

Yes same storefront server, and yes i removed the application entirely and add as a new application.

Funny thing is it works for a few accounts correctly while majority still had it opening from the old servers.

On 5/20/2020 at 5:23 PM, James Kindon said:

Do you have application groups used in the environment? These may be tied to the old delivery group 

Nope I don't use application groups. The app is in the default Applications folder. I only specify the Delivery Group the app belongs to and also under Limit Visibility, it's limited to users in certain Active Directory group. 

41 minutes ago, Manoj Rana said:

Hi,

Have you removed the old controller from the storefront server ?

image.thumb.png.267484c97f7a3629727d2acce3976e3f.png

Thanks

Manoj

Hi, I only have one delivery controller. But i have two different delivery group with a number of xenapps inside it.

One delivery group is for hosting majority of the applications, while the other delivery group is for hosting resource intensive applications.

So basically when a user login to use Citrix, and he/she opens say Application A, it should only open from the xenapps in Delivery Group 1 and if the user open Application B, it should only open from the xenapps in Delivery Group 2, if you understand what i mean.