Welcome to our new Citrix community!

User clicks on App and goes through GPO then the program closes

Kenny Placido

Question

I have a user that seems to be having issues opening one app. The others work fine. He clicks on this app and it goes through its usualy green bar. Then, it will hang for 2 seconds on the group policys. It will go through all the group policies. After it is complete, citrix launcher will just close and never open the program.

Server for the program is a Win 2012, XenApp 6.5 and the user is on workspace 2002 version. Where can I collect logs or debug this to see where the problem is? Mind you, he is the only user having this issue.

4 answers to this question

I wasn't aware that 6.5 supported Win2012 servers.   

Are other people using the application without problem? 

If this is the case, the problem may be with the user's profile.  Whatever you're using for profile management, you may need to reset the user's profile.  (When you see that 'Group Policy' message during launch, that's the stage where the user's profile is applied).

If GPO's are too slow to be applied, the Citrix session can time out and give up.

Has the application ever worked for this user?

If the application potential permissions issue with file shares or other resources used by the applications.