Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Xen App 5 + Citrix receiver 4.10

Anatoly 3

Question

XenApp 5.0 (windows 2008 32 bit)

Have a problem with Published Applications

1. When I use Citrix Web portal via Browser - everything is ok

2. When I use Ica Client (*.ica) it is working

2. When I use Citrix Receiver - I can see my Application but if I open it, application will not work

3. I used Wireshark to sniff the traffic and found a problem - the application I tried to open uses local ip instead real WAN IP.

How can I fix this?

4 answers to this question

Hi,

If you require remote access, you will have to either stand up a Netscaler Gateway or a Citrix Secure Gateway. I would recommend a Netscaler Gateway.

Also you need to plan on how to get away from XA5 and WS2008 both products have been dead for more than 5 years, you really shouldn't be using them anymore.

There are other ways of running 32bit legacy apps, like Numecent - https://www.numecent.com/

11 minutes ago, Kasper Johansen1709159522 said:

Hi,

If you require remote access, you will have to either stand up a Netscaler Gateway or a Citrix Secure Gateway. I would recommend a Netscaler Gateway.

Also you need to plan on how to get away from XA5 and WS2008 both products have been dead for more than 5 years, you really shouldn't be using them anymore.

There are other ways of running 32bit legacy apps, like Numecent - https://www.numecent.com/

Thanks!

I know that, but I can not upgrade my old Citrix XenApp right now

Citrix receiver worked like a charm last week.

Don't understand why it stopped.

I tried to use "altaddr /set x.x.x.x Public iP" I Rebooted the server, but had no luck

The situation is:

1. Opening Citrix Receiver on my home PC -> Connecting to Citrix Web Portal via Internet -> Trying open Published Application -> Error socket 10060

2. Opening my WORK.Ica file from Desktop and the connection works.

3. The problem is in Citrix receiver which uses local IP connection when I press button on published app instead of real IP

https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/94378-published-applications-try-to-connect-to-internal-ip/

FOUND THE SOLUTION change DIRECT to ALTERNATE and it is working!

On the Web Interface site, edit your DMZ Settings.
(Manage Secure Client access/Edit DMZ Settings)

You're probably currently set up as

Default Direct

If all your users are coming in externally you can just double click default and change it from direct to ALTERNATE. This tell's Web Interface to give out the Alternate address instead of the actual one.

If you have internal and external users accessing the same site you would need to add an additional route for your internal subnet and set it for direct.