Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix UPS Printing issues - Excel

Roberto Yang

Question

Hello!
I configured the Citrix - UPS Universal Print Server and everything seems to work correctly, but we are having printing issues only with Excel spreadsheets with macros and dinamics spreadsheets, any other type of file, even Excel, is printed normally. When we send the printout of a spreadsheet with macros from Excel, it arrives at the Print Server using the Citrix Universal Driver and goes from the Print Server to the Printer via Lexmark Universal driver, but does not print anything, without errors.

This type of printing in Excel worked normally with the previous solution, ThinPrint, through Virtual Desktop.
I'm using the same universal driver as the previous Lexmark solution with the same settings on the Print Server.

I opened a ticket at Citrix and they asked me to change the preferences of the Citrix Universal driver, I changed it from EMF to PS, and printed it, but the spreadsheet now comes out with page breaks, and I can't print on 1 page only.

We tried to change the driver preferences with other options (EMF, PCL, XPS), but none of them printed, only with the PostScript (PS) configuration printed, but with the problem I reported of page break.

In fact, when viewing the printout, the spreadsheet appears very small, the size of a logo, and when I set it to fit to 1 page, the page breaks appear.

VDA / UPS Version 7.15 LTSR

VDA: Windows Server 2012 R2

Print Server: Windows 2016

Any suggestions?

Thank You!

------UPDATE-----

Citrix Support asked to update the VDA version on the VDA Server, I upgraded to the 1912 LTSR version and the error remains the same.

Any suggestions?

---- SOLUTION ---- 

The solution was to use the Lexmark Universal Printer Driver instead of the Citrix Universal Driver on VDA's, and also update the version of this driver on Print Servers.
In this way we are able to continue using the UPS solution.

Edited by ryang608
Update

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet