Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Does Citrix workspace app work on Microsoft Surface Pro x?

Zainab Bahram

Question

4 answers to this question

The Surface is running Windows, any compatibility concerns would be with the OS, not the device.  In other words, yes it's compatible.  I'm not sure what you mean by ' Internet Explorer doesn't open the Window'.

• When you connect to the Citrix environment are you presented with Applications that you are entitled to launch? 
  • Do you get any error messages? 

Citrix renamed Receiver to Workspace about a year ago, so if you've installed an old version of Receiver, that could potentially be the problem.

Thank you Dclark116 for your response. It's a relief to know that Citrix is compatible with the device.

When I install Citrix, it fails and then it automatically cleans up and fixes the installation. Then, i try to log into my employer's portal for virtual desktop launch using Internet Explorer 11, nothing happens! Citrix does not launch.

I hope this clarifies.

Obviously the failing installation of the client-side Citrix Workspace is why nothing happens when you launch the application.  Download the latest version of Workspace, then right-click on the download and select 'Run as Administrator'. If the installation is failing, you'll need to look at Event logs and potentially the installer logs to determine why it's failing.  I think Workspace typically packages any prerequisites within the installation package and my guess is that one of those may be failing.  To find the installer logs, leave any error messages displayed and open file explorer.  Browse to C:\Users\{username}\appdata\temp and look for files & folders with the current date.  Examine those files for error messages.

On 5/14/2020 at 9:09 AM, David Clark1709160691 said:

The Surface is running Windows, any compatibility concerns would be with the OS, not the device.  In other words, yes it's compatible.  I'm not sure what you mean by ' Internet Explorer doesn't open the Window'.

• When you connect to the Citrix environment are you presented with Applications that you are entitled to launch? 
  • Do you get any error messages? 

Citrix renamed Receiver to Workspace about a year ago, so if you've installed an old version of Receiver, that could potentially be the problem.

I have an issue with Microsoft Surface. The user logs into a desktop and also logs into Surface at the same time. The user being a Executive is using Surface as his primary but also logs into Desktop computer at work. The drive mapping for his desktop shows as Z drive which is the default that Citrix files assigns. But, for the Surface he gets an S drive. Can he have the same drive letter assigned to both the desktops and surface? 

Next, he recently started getting pop-ups to login to the surface even though initially he was able to login without any issues. I am not sure what changed or what wrong he is doing, but he says he is being asked to login now and does not autologin automatically. I have set it up in GPO and everything works fine for a regular desktop. So, has anyone come across something like this before? I already posted this question here, but no one has responded but thought after seeing this post, I would ask you or someone else.

Thanks in advance