Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Question

Yes, I have read many posts about this :-)  None of them have helped me.  I'm using RHEL / CentOS 7 & 8 with Receiver 13.10.0.20, 13.9.1.6, 13.8.0 and 20.04.0.21 (because several posts mention "I reverted to an earlier version and that worked" or "Workspace has replaced Receiver")  In each case, I copy all of the root and intermediate CA certs that are used in my environment to /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/ and run /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/util/ctx_rehash  I can wind up with a 1000119 unknown error or SSL errors 47 or 61 with enough fiddling.  What I cannot do, though, is to get a connection (which does work from a Windows 10 machine)

Looking for any logs, troubleshooting steps, ways to increase verbosity or debug level, anything to find out exactly WHAT file or directory is unknown!  I do not have access to the Citrix server environment, and the people who run it are tough to get a hold of and, frankly, probably don't care all that much.

6 answers to this question

Is icalaunch failing or enumeration of apps/desktop failing . It can be that ICARoot is not set. You can set export ICARoot=<installed path >

If enumeration of desktop and apps are failing you can enable logging as below--

You can enable AuthMan logs by changing AuthManConfig.xml, set Tracing mode to true and set Logging Mode to verbose. There you can find which all certificate are causing the issue.

<!-- TracingEnabled - true, false -->
        <key>TracingEnabled</key>
        <value>true</value>
        <!-- CWACapableEnabled - true, false -->
        <key>CWACapableEnabled</key>
        <value>true</value>
        <!-- LoggingMode - none, normal, verbose -->
        <key>LoggingMode</key>
        <value>verbose</value>

kill AuthManagerDaemon and ServiceRecord then launch app again.

Logs will be generated in /home/user/.ICAClient/logs/AuthManSvr.latest

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Avinash Khatri said:

Is icalaunch failing or enumeration of apps/desktop failing . It can be that ICARoot is not set. You can set export ICARoot=<installed path >

If enumeration of desktop and apps are failing you can enable logging as below--

You can enable AuthMan logs by changing AuthManConfig.xml, set Tracing mode to true and set Logging Mode to verbose. There you can find which all certificate are causing the issue.

<!-- TracingEnabled - true, false -->
        <key>TracingEnabled</key>
        <value>true</value>
        <!-- CWACapableEnabled - true, false -->
        <key>CWACapableEnabled</key>
        <value>true</value>
        <!-- LoggingMode - none, normal, verbose -->
        <key>LoggingMode</key>
        <value>verbose</value>

kill AuthManagerDaemon and ServiceRecord then launch app again.

Logs will be generated in /home/user/.ICAClient/logs/AuthManSvr.latest

I'm going to guess that it's icalaunch that's failing, as I never see a desktop?

My user does not have ICARoot set.  What should that be?  /opt/Citrix/ICAClient or something inside of that?  Set in my environment, or somewhere in the Receiver config?

I enabled TracingEnabled.  I do not have any processes called "AuthManagerDaemon" or "ServiceRecord", so I rebooted.  Tried to access Citrix again, but my ~/.ICAClient has no "logs" directory in it.

To add some details... I noticed that several of the certificates I was copying to /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/ weren't being caught by ctx_rehash.  It turns out those were in DR form.  I wrote a script to convert them to PEM and re-ran ctx_rehash, and was feeling really hopeful when I saw them all processed... but I still get the same 0.0.0.2 No such file or directory :-(

I also had hard time to resolve this problem :) But in my case it was caused by a fact that I have TWO installations of Citrix workspace for my Kubuntu Linux ... So I have applied standard suggestions above which is correct but In my case CA path I have corercted was simply  to the installation #1 while my Chrome browser on Linux always started citrix workspace installed in other folder than default :)...

I think Citrix developers can simply enrich message and print out full path of  file which is missed... So that user can understand where the app is looking for...

On 5/8/2020 at 11:10 PM, John Oliver1709162025 said:

To add some details... I noticed that several of the certificates I was copying to /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/ weren't being caught by ctx_rehash.  It turns out those were in DR form.  I wrote a script to convert them to PEM and re-ran ctx_rehash, and was feeling really hopeful when I saw them all processed... but I still get the same 0.0.0.2 No such file or directory :-(

If you observed that certificate is not solving the issue then it can be that DNS is not getting resolved.

Please try to check if Machine is reachable from Client . You may need to enter dns entries in network manager.