Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Enable HDX 3D Pro in Windows Server 2019 RDSH - How to install VDA 2003, required policy settings and verification

Question

Dear all,

I've been trying to set up a physical machine including a nvidia Quadro P620 GPU with Windows Server 2019 RDSH. The latest VDA version 2003 has been installed and Citrix policies set as described in Citrix docs. nvidia latest graphics drivers have been installed as well.

Thing is, the the server VDA setup does not ask whether HDX 3D Pro sould be enabled or not (does this even matter?). When running HDX Monitor in a ICA session the "Provider" section is empty. It does not state "HDX 3D Pro" as it should. 

Now I can't tell whether HDX 3D Pro is set up correctly and whether all requirements are met. What about configuration? There are a couple of Blogs and documents out there (either officially from Citrix or otherwise) and this leaves me confused. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

2 answers to this question

I've been rather confused about this as well.  

I've come to the conclusion that HDX 3D Pro is not available when publishing on Windows Server.  I don't think it is necessary.  I hope someone comes along and schools me and I'm able to flip a switch and gain some performance in my environment, but I don't think that is going to happen.

You should be able to fire up a 3D application and run it in a remote session.  It should be easy enough to tell that the GPU is being utilized by running watching the CPU utilization.  In my testing, I used 3D Demos from various places to generate lots of 3D data for extended periods of times.  

My theory is that HDX 3D Pro provides the desktop OS the components that are missing to allow it to utilize the GPU.  Those components are already in the server OS thanks to RemoteFX and GPU Sharing support.

Did you ever found a solution for this?

We are on 1912 LTSR CU3, now with Nvidia GPUs, but in HDX Monitor the provider section is empty here too.

I was not able to find any information about this, except the Citrix article where it say that HDX 3D Pro is working with multi-session-os.